Sunday, May 14, 2017

PPTS May 14, 2017

"Can One Citizen Change the World?"

Here is a link to today's live episode.

I am a "hope" addict, and always have been. 

This is not because I have not seen the worst of humanity: I have. Nor is it because I refuse to live in the realities of life: I have. 

But I have also lived in places and times where I have witnessed the unparalleled goodness of humankind. Given the option of which side of humanity to believe is the greater in number, I choose to believe on the side of the goodness of mankind. 

In my lifetime, I have seen the goodness of even one person, one citizen do selfless and amazingly good things which would defy description. Sometimes, such goodness can change a moment, or one individual's difficult or impossible journey into unspeakable goodness. 

I am alive today because of such a person, so I do have some expertise in the ultimate humility toward my fellow humans. I wrote about this person in my personal blog. You are invited to become acquainted with her personally. She also happens, quite by purposeful intent, to be the Executive Producer of "Progressive Politics: Tennessee Style" (PPTS). She is known to us here are "Progressive Patty". If you are ever in our lively chat room, you will speak with her. If you call in to our live show, she will welcome you. 

I am not, by any means the only person who can say that Sara has positively change a life. In fact, thousands of Tennessee citizens can, and do say such things about her and her work, one life at a time.

Do I know that one citizen can change the world? YES!

Examples are all around us, if we would but look.

In a recent article, I offered another example of one citizen changing the world. I offer it to you in the hopes that you might understand some of the qualities of such heroes as one person changing the world.

In preparation for today's show episode, I'd like to offer you one more example of how one person, one citizen has changed the world. Again, consider the circumstances this human faced, and decided he had no choice but to do all he could to change the world for good.


Also please notice in the final two minutes, that a cell phone or two is illuminated by all those who this man inspired to become a force for good in their world. Snowflakes all. 

On today's show, we'd love to have you call us and share with us someone you know who has changed the world for good. It doesn't take a monumental task; it just takes one person with one moment of determination. Perhaps you would even be willing to share with us something YOU are doing about it. 

We're on the air! We'll see YOU there!

For the entire team,

The Tennessee Progressive

No comments:

Post a Comment