Friday, April 28, 2017

Sunday, April 30, 2017 "What YOU Can DO About It!"

"What YOU Can Do About It--TODAY!"

Do You Feel It Yet?

*sigh*

To my reckoning, there are basically two types of people in our nation, and in our world today as they relate to Trump's first 100 days in office as President of the United States of America. Generally, they are either:

A. Trump fans, 96% of whom are ecstatic with the performance of "their" President, and


I have hesitated all week long before writing this companion piece in preparation for this coming Sunday's show. The research has been to be honest, nothing less than disheartening. It has been a time of concern, disillusionment, sleeplessness, concern, angst and not a little anger.

In all these things, what I have found more than not is that I am absolutely NOT alone in these experiences. It is to all of those sharing my experience that this report is written. It has taken me all this week to get to the last item on that list: determination. I knew in my soul I would reach this point, but I simply had to experience every item on the list above before determination would arrive. This point in this particular journey is usual for me. The entire experience is, however, unique in our current American History. It has happened before, but never in my lifetime, and certainly not in myself.

I am a self-identified "hope addict". Some call me an idealogue. I say that "My feet are firmly rooted in the clouds." By that, I mean that while I maintain optimism and hope in citizen, I am also very much attached to the reality around me. A major part of my citizen activism these days is in the preparation, presentation, and follow up to this show. While I am gratified with the current 2017 show statistics (66,100 listens), and know the info is getting out around the globe via downloads, links, and rebroadcasts around the globe to countless others, I am wondering sometimes if the message we wish to present is actually "getting out" to the hearts of those listeners.

Sometimes, things happen at the speed of life. For instance, yesterday I learned that one of our previous Special Guests on PPTS just recorded a major victory. You will no doubt remember our two-show special series on the passage attempts on the ERA Amendment to the Constitution with Sandy Oestreich, President and Founder of (among other things) 2passera.org.

On March 23, 2017 the State of Nevada's legislature passed a resolution calling for the Amendment's passage.

"They ratified the ERA 45 years to the day since Congress originally passed it."

What does this mean in the reality of things? It means that only TWO more states need follow the lead of Nevada, and the Amendment becomes a reality.

What else does this mean?

Hope.



Then, I found an article that really spoke to my heart. I think it will speak to the hearts of all those "everyone else's" hearts, too. It is an excellent piece of writing, from the heart of a writing colleague of mine. I strongly recommend it to you, especially if you feel the same as so many of your fellow citizens are feeling these days.

Last night, I had a rather long and detail-oriented conversation with another colleague, Geoffrey S. Jade Barrett while I was completing research for this show. This is relevant to the show on Sunday for two reasons:

1. Jade and I, while from different political backgrounds and affiliations, are symbiotic it seems. We agree on so many things, it is difficult to tell where my Democratic background ends and his Republican-esque background begins. We find ourselves in agreement on so many things that we have had some trouble actually identifying (at least I have) where we disagree. Jade is a superb writer, and is a leading writer (Pundit) over at Yabberz. He is (depending on the time of any particular day) the leading (most influential and most prolific) writer on the site. He has a lot to say about many things, from political awareness to personal (individual) activism. As you might rightly expect, his words (along with many others) have impact, value, and credibility. He is well worth reading, and listening to. His time spent with me is a great gift to me personally, any person who identifies themselves as "citizen", and the world. He is an activist leader who describes his leadership as "Creating, participating in, and supporting, endorsing, and encouraging activism."

2. After a few conversations with Jade, I felt it imperative to offer him time on PPTS to talk about, and talk with activism and activists--citizen. No newcomer to talk radio, Jade has been a broadcaster for many years who has hosted shows on various and sundry topics of particular interest to him. He has agreed to spend time with us this coming Sunday as our 2 hour Special Guest. He will be live to take your calls. He will be observing and responding in our chat room. He and I will be talking about specific things every one of us can do, right now, to become the change we seek as citizen activists. Yes, every one of us, including you, dear reader.

You see, the simple matter is that YOU are the difference. YOU are the reason this PPTS show exists. What you do, from clicking on a survey, to writing an email to your electeds or even your friends, to marching in protest, or holding a sign (or a town hall meeting with your neighbors in your home) can make a REAL difference. Citizen IS standing up, stepping out, showing up and showing off.

Hope.

I hope you will join us this Sunday, April 30th, 2017. As you know, I have told you on previous occasions that a particular show episode is one you will not want to miss. This is most definitely one of them, as this third episode in our new season. You will not want to miss this opportunity to share, learn and grow live with Jade Barrett, and the live callers--you will want to be one. Do yourself a huge favor, and get a load of hope. Get from despair to determination.

We're on the air! We'll see YOU there!

For the entire team,

The Tennessee Progressive

No comments:

Post a Comment